Boards of leading companies are now actively involved in developing strategies and plans, as well as setting the framework for the company’s activities and maintaining an overview. The board of director’s responsibilities and roles are clarified in legislation as well as guidelines such as those provided by the Norwegian Corporate Governance Board (NUES). In general, it can be said that each board’s responsibilities have become more extensive and there are greater risks relating to the company’s reputation and financial development.
How to choose the right board
These factors mean that the board must have broad and in-depth expertise that enables it to address the challenges the company encounters. Board recruitment and assessment are important factors to ensure successful value creation, and BackerSkeie has broad experience in finding the right candidates and assessing how a board functions.
The following are important factors to address in this process:
- Does the composition of the board comply with the company’s strategy?
- How should the board work more efficiently to achieve better results?
- How robust is your board compared to the boards of your competitors?
- Are you recruiting the best chairman available in the market?
- Can the board effectively support international growth, acquisitions or a stock exchange listing?
Are you in need of assistance for board recruitment and assessment?
Contact one of our experienced consultants to find out how we can help you.